Cleanses can be a powerful way to Safe Body Detox your body, lose weight, and feel healthier. However, it’s not necessary to do the typical cleanses of liquid-only diets or green shakes to achieve results. Many people have false beliefs that cleanses need to argous, hard, or that they can leave you running to the bathroom. All of these are simply not true.
Typical cleanses drastically reduce calories and can leave you hungry. They can also lower your blood sugar and make you feel dizzy, tired, and irritated. Many people dismiss these types of symptoms as a healing crisis, but in reality this is a sign that the body is not well. An all-liquid diet or green shakes can leave you without enough protein or fat. They may also lack essential vitamins or minerals leaving you depleted and sick.
Even if they do safe Body Detox your body, it’s not easy for you to stick to cleanses while you work or take care of a family. And many detox herbs have interactions with many medications and taking them can make the medication not work as effectively or worse, make the medication metabolize faster.
Detox Without Cleanses
Thankfully, you can detox without consuming liquid diets or green shakes. Instead of a typical cleanse, you can reduce or eliminate certain foods and drinks. You can also add other foods and drinks to strengthen your health. This is often the first step of any new practice member who struggles with healthy eating.
These tips can help you detox from unhealthy eating habits safely and effectively:
- Avoid sugar. Eliminating sugar is a key step in detoxing. Sugar can lurk in many foods and drinks. It can hide in bread, cereal, juice, soda, alcoholic drinks, flavored water, and many other items. Check your labels! Sugar withdrawal can create symptoms in the body such as headaches, fatigue, and even restlessness however these symptoms do not last long. The overgrowth of yeast or unhealthy bacterias within the body will also crave sugar so be mindful of feeding these little microbes.
2. Add more organic fruits and organic vegetables. They can provide you with important vitamins and minerals while helping you feel fuller. Things like organic carrots can provide the crunch that you would have with chips without all of the fats. Carrots have many antioxidants to help support the eyes, the liver, and even the skin. Not to mention:
- Cucumbers have a high level of water and can cleanse your body.
- Citrus fruits may help you cleanse the liver and remove toxins from the body. (organic only)
- Garlic has natural antimicrobial properties.
- Broccoli sprouts are also a good source of antioxidants and can help your during a detox. You can add them to salads or cook with them.
3. Add more herbs and spices. Herbs and spices have vital minerals and vitamins that are essential to health. They can also make your food taste better, so you’re less likely to turn to junk food or other unhealthy cravings. Herbs such as cumin, coriander, and even turmeric are excellent for anti-inflammatory as well as digestive aids. So many of the digestive bitters allow you to digest your food better while also lower inflammation within the digestive system.
4. Drink more water. Water can remove toxins naturally. You can detox faster by drinking more water and staying hydrated. As a minimum it is key to drink a minimum of half of your body weight in ounces in water. To detox it can be helpful to drink more than that as well as drink higher ph waters such as alkaline waters. However, it is key to not drink high ph water all of the time, but instead mix it up so you do not erode stomach acids.
5. Switch animal proteins with plant proteins. Plant proteins are healthy and have extra benefits such as fiber. Yet be mindful of the high fats in plant based proteins as fats can bog down bile production in the gall bladder thus taxing the liver.
6. Drink green tea. Green tea has antioxidant properties and can help you as you detox. You can even find versions without caffeine. Drinking warm tea with lemon can also encourage healing in he liver.
7. Make your own shakes or smoothies. You can avoid extra sugar and other unwanted ingredients by making your own drinks. You can also add protein and supplements to your drinks, too, so your body stays balanced and healthy. These can be helpful to keep down cravings and stay full while you are working on improving your diet.
Cleanses aren’t the only option to detox your body. You have other choices that you can select to detox that are kinder to your lifestyle and health. When doing a detox it is important to have your lab work reviewed to ensure that you are taking supplements to help your body heal. You should not have a healing crisis, be sick, or run to the bathroom while you are cleansing this is a sign that the body may need a bit of a break or that something you are consuming is not working. We offer many customized detox programs within our practice. You can schedule a wellness visit to help you along in your health path.